5 Quirky Facts About Me:

5 Quirky Facts About Me:

1. I suffer from very itchy ears and so you will often find me intently shaking my pinky finger in my ear...feels soooo good.

2. I can fit my fist (and Deanna's for that matter) in my mouth.

3. When standing in line or waiting for something I often start to do a little tap routine with my feet...keeps me occupied.

4. I watch the Antiques Road Show...and I LOVE IT!

5. My most popular speaking phrase is, "I know, right?!"

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Reflections

I am just sitting here at work today...of course wishing I were somewhere else, but, where that place might be I do not know.  It is only mildly frustrating. lol.  Eh...maybe I'll write a poem.  Here it is!

I woke up this morning but my heart stayed asleep,
Tossing and turning I came to my feet.
I'd left the light on again, was I insecure?
To the dreams in the dark that visit my room?

I hear the ticking clock, it's resonating fills me up,
Replacing my silent heart with its mechanical pulse.
Going through the motions, is to what my day's reduced?
Or should I count my lucky stars that at least I'm on the move?

I shuffle back and forth collecting my days necesities,
When in one gaze my eyes catch an image of a boy I knew.
I stop and stare and deduce what all I see,
When it's a mirror, and I, myself am glaring back at me.

I scan over my reflection with detailed pace,
When finally ending up, I'm standing face to face
With visions of the past encircling my mind
But clearing away the mist I marvel at what I find.

A man, not a boy, is appearing inch by inch,
But startled, when did this change occur?
For never before this time have I seen,
The image of a man staring back at me.

But there he is in plain display,
A man, that I must have become.
At some point in time along my path,
But when and why did it not before reveal to me?

Awestruck, I notice the ticking clock is still and quiet,
And deep in my chest I feel the pulsing beat,
Of a man's heart resounding strong and fast.
Energy flowing, tingling, and reaching.

My mind is alight now with new found resource,
As darkness replaced by light from the Source,
Visions past seem to tumble from view
And standing beside me, in perspective, is you...


To Be Continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment