5 Quirky Facts About Me:

5 Quirky Facts About Me:

1. I suffer from very itchy ears and so you will often find me intently shaking my pinky finger in my ear...feels soooo good.

2. I can fit my fist (and Deanna's for that matter) in my mouth.

3. When standing in line or waiting for something I often start to do a little tap routine with my feet...keeps me occupied.

4. I watch the Antiques Road Show...and I LOVE IT!

5. My most popular speaking phrase is, "I know, right?!"

Friday, January 7, 2011

First Day of School...

So, my first day of school seemed to go by quite nicely without a hitch.  In my sociology class I am 1 of only 2 male students and the rest are female.  Perhaps more guys will show up and then again maybe not...either way it looks like it should be an interesting and fun class.  I like it so far and we just went over the syllabus. 

My second class, American Government, the student dynamic was completely different!  Much more a mix of people, boys and girls, young and not so young...east coast, west coast and everything in between, including the girl who couldn't seem to stop giggling with all the boys that appeared to "flock" around her.  Oy vey...this should be interesting.  However, as we are waiting for the professor to arrive one of the students proclaims, "the teacher isn't coming...he is out of town til Tuesday...I just looked it up on the online blackboard".  He holds up his laptop for the class to see.  Groans and sighs mixed in with a few woohoo's are expressed and most students get up to leave and others just kind of hang out so they can continue their conversations with their new found friends.

So...I go and have a nice break before my next class. During which I saw a co-worker, and my friend Sara Jane and her mom who were going to a french class. :)

My last class of the day was Advanced Spanish.  It was nice.  It is conducted all in Spanish and that is fun.  The teacher is from Chile but has lived in the USA for 30 years.  We all talked and explained in Spanish, of course, a little about ourselves, where we learned Spanish, and anything else we wanted to share.  In this class it is all guys except for 3 women.  This is what I was expecting though.  I already have some homework in that class, which includes reading a short story, and writing a paper.  Here we go Espanol!!! :)

All in all, I feel like this semester should be fun and I look forward to the challenges I will face.  It is interesting being surrounded by other "young" people and at times feeling like I am back in High School and NOT a university...but that's what I get for being 28 years old and back in school.  Haha.  It should be good for me though, and allow me to possibly make some new friends which I look forward to doing.

I'll keep you posted on how things go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment